This page lists various projects that I have undertaken over the years. Most include source code of some kind. Feel free to send questions or comments.
- I have written a number of short articles in tutorial form.
- GDD is a simple program for quickly obtaining textual driving directions from Google
- JAWS for Windows related projects: I have written several scripts for the popular JAWS for Windows screen reader, which help to make certain programs more accessible. Scripts are currently available for Secure CRT, and a pointer is left to the new home of scripts for Skype, which I no longer maintain. In the past, I have made or modified scripts for Firetalk, Yahoo Messenger, and DC++; due to obcellescence or significant program changes, these scripts are no longer available.
- Mobile Speak Smartphone scripts: This page contains scripts for the popular Mobile Speak Smartphone screen reader which increase the accessibility of programs.
- Bookshare: I have written a number of perl scripts which interact with the www.bookshare.org site, which is a community of people who legally share books for reading by those who can not access normal print.
- Uniden BCD396T Information: This page contains information on the Uniden BCD396T radio scanner.
- Watcher: an IRC bot, written in perl, which can monitor normally inactive channels and take actions when the channel becomes active and later returns to dormancy.
- Procmail Log to SQLite Database: This Perl script will extract useful information from a Procmail log file and add it to a SQLite database. This database can then be queried, using SQL, and interesting questions can be answered about received email.
- Star Conquest: projects related to the popular game by Squid Soft, which is no longer in existence